Friday, December 1, 2006

Hello Autumn

Fall 2004
Lawrence Tan

Hello Autumn, hello again
So glad to see you, my friend
Please come in and grab a seat
Get a bite and kick up your feet

Something warm or something cold
Or you might want to try something bold?
Here, with this glass of wine
Let me toast this…friendship of mine

A bag of songs, a box of love
Butterflies and a peace loving dove
I saved them up thinking about you
One for me, all for us two

A ray of sun, a river breeze
My heart races, my heart freezes
A good kid, a hungry child
My heart sinks, my heart goes wild

Hello Autumn, hello my friend
What have you done last year, tell me again
A spoonful of love, a handful of sparkles
A taste of honey, a short time of marvels

You disappeared as suddenly as you came
Left me bewildered, never knew your real name
Where are you from, and what do you do
Not that it matters as long as I can see you
Now that you are here
I forget all the tears

This time, I swear I’ll hold on to you tight
I swear never again let you out of my sight
Promise me that you’ll stay a bit longer
Don’t let Winter Spring or Summer
Come between us like the yesteryears
Just the thought of which would bring me tears


No comments: