Friday, December 1, 2006

Heartbeats of the Fall

November 2003
Lawrence Tan

The night was young and the moon was bright
The music filled the air and the hold was tight
I danced through the evening and into the morning
But my heart still soaked in loneliness and wandering

Was it the music, the crowd, the smoke or the night?
I wanted to give myself up and my chest was so tight
I needed more beer and wine until the evening was ripe
Hopefully to free myself from the illusions of life

I know I got the songs and the sways
It is just I have to deliver them someday
As I close my eyes, the romantic melodies
Lull me into my own world of realities

Through your window, under the moon and the stars
Like my soul, your beloved tree bears a few scars
Like all willows on a pond, my soul weeps
At the thought of a face my heart forever keeps

I knew it was wrong, it had never been right
But it all seemed so fine under that moonlight
Was it her eyes, her mouth or her hair?
That made the ‘me’ say I don’t really care

Is that still love or is that hate
I can’t tell because I am truly dazed
Please help me to get out of this quagmire
Please help me to extinguish this fire

No comments: