Friday, December 1, 2006


The Circle

Fall of 2004
Lawrence Tan

Whisper to the clouds, crying in the rain
Blowing in the wind, try to ease my pain
I like to watch the autumn leaves dancing
Before the distant lazy river now appearing

Have we ever paused and wondered
How far in the journey we have covered
Why always consumed and seething with anger?
Let it go…and let the good old memories take over

Yes, the end of the tunnel is near
There should be no more fear
Nor suffering nor sickness,
Just one big emptiness

I’ll call upon the sun, the moon and the stars
To witness the resurrection of my heart
The new rhythms and the glorious coronation
Leaving behind the sad old load of lucubration

Tu tha^n, te^` gia,
I don’t even know where I am at
Tri. quo^’c, bi`nh thie^n ha.
Now it is too late at sunset

Tu ta^m du+o+~ng ti’nh
I am still practicing
Tu tha^n ti’ch ddu+’c
That is always worth living

How many more Falls do we get?
Before the sun is reaching west
To sing, praise and celebrate
With love I wish I am inundated

We used to be a wholesome bunch
Shy, warm, proud but inexperienced
The war and time had scarred our souls
Now stubborn, quarrelsome and cold

I was told that all good time will come to an end
My time with you, so soon, already run into a bend
I am forever proud to have you all
To be part of my life, my childhood, standing tall

As I travel the rest of my way
No need to cry over the good old days
For I know at the end of this journey
I’ll be right at the beginning of my story

No comments: